Friday, April 23, 2010

Keep Those Reading Glasses Handy

If shopping for the top sirloin I've mentioned as a good deal at the Boulder Sunflower this week, beware of its proximity to London broil. The big sign for the top sirloin sale actually refers to the meat on the shelf below it, not to what's directly behind the sign, which is London broil. Since the two cuts look almost identical and I didn't bother to examine with reading glasses, I discovered when unpacking the groceries that I'd accidently bought the London broil. Since it cost one third more than the meat I'd intended to buy and it's reportedly a tougher cut as well, I brought it back. The folks at Sunflower were absolutely gracious in handling the return and making me a happy camper. The reading glasses will probably stay at hand in the cart in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment