Monday, April 5, 2010

More Dinners For This Week

Time to put down the chocolate and get organized for the rest of the week. In a spring mode, and still going back to my old faithful cookbooks, I'm going to make a classic risotto with sundried tomatoes and peas. For the side, I'll saute the wonderful braising greens I picked up Saturday from Cure Organic Farm at the Farmers Market.

Yesterday's pork roast with garlic and rosemary turned out fabulously, and was so simple, there weren't even any adjustments to make. It made plenty for another dinner round, which will be accompanied by a quick polenta with a little smoked gouda mixed in, and sauteed spinach from the Farmers Market.

Next, a recent issue of Bon Appetit had a good looking recipe I've been wanting to try, spicy spaghetti with fennel and herbs. It has both fennel bulb and fennel seeds in it, should be interesting.

Finally, I'm intrigued by the Bell & Evans chicken nuggets that Whole Foods has at half price for $3.49 right now. Might pair them with microwaved baked potatoes (5 pound bags are $2.50 at both Sunflower and an unadvertised special I found at the Pearl Street Whole Foods), or maybe some baked sweet potato spears for a grown up kid's meal.

Now it's back to the chocolate. If you run out of chocolate, note the Chocolove sale below at Vitamin Cottage.

No comments:

Post a Comment