Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Musings From Today's Shopping

Getting in a little midweek shopping today, I was most bummed to get home from my Sprouts trip and discover that the avocado that I had bought (and paid for - it's on the receipt) did not make it into my shopping bag.  I'm sure they'll rectify the error on my next trip, but that's not going to help for tonight's salad.  I've learned to make sure the little things like jalapenos get packed at any store, but I don't recall something as big as an avocado getting missed.

Meanwhile, a hefty display of fresh corn from Florida was causing quite a buzz at the Pearl Street Whole Foods.  It seems we're more than ready to throw off cabin fever and rush headlong into summer.  It was selling at 50 cents an ear, and I can see that Sunflower expects to have California corn at three for $1 starting tomorrow.  In other Whole Foods news, I discovered that they've added a 365 cold pressed extra virgin olive oil sold in one liter bottles for $6.99 each.  It's a "Mediterranean blend" that beats their one liter tins identified by provenance by $1.  Both are great deals for basic cooking oils that we go through in quantity.

No comments:

Post a Comment