Wednesday, November 28, 2012

This Week's Hot Grocery Deals (IMHO)

Now that I'm wanting to see something other than turkey, we have new sales starting at our Boulder Sprouts and Sunflower, while the current one continues through December 15th at Vitamin Cottage (click for prior report).  Here's what's looking best to me in the new sales.

At Sprouts through December 5th, boneless top sirloin steaks or 41/50 count ez peel raw shrimp are both $3.99 a pound, and boneless skinless chicken breasts in the value pack are $1.99 a pound (although I'm not sure if I'm ready for more poultry).  100% grass fed boneless organic New York steak looks stunning at $8.99 a pound, while in previously frozen fish fillets, cod is $7.99 a pound and sockeye is $10.99 a pound.  I'm always happy when my favorite bulk roast coffee goes on sale for $7.99 a pound, since the Sprouts location on Baseline carries Fair Trade organic varieties that are a steal at that price.  Conventional Hass avocados are 49 cents each, and Sprouts has been carrying some good sized ones, at least at the Baseline store, although the one I got there several days ago is ripening stubbornly slowly.  In organic produce, organic Hass avocados are 99 cents and celery is $1.29 a bunch, but that's all I can tell, since Sprouts produced a two page flyer this week instead of their customary four page one, so there's no big box of organic veggie specials, bummer.

Whole Foods has a new sale running through December 11th, but they're messing with my reporting capabilities even more than Sprouts this week, since once again, Whole Foods has posted a few featured specials instead of posting their whole new flyer.  Of the limited eleven items I can see this morning, I'm interested in organic D'Anjou pears at $1.49 a pound, Changing Seas cold smoked salmon at $4.99 each, nine inch Bakehouse cherry pies at $9.99 each, and their own yummy smoked mozzarella pasta salad at $7.99 a pound.  They also have Country Natural Beef top sirloin steak for $9.99 a pound, but I'd weigh that against the grass-fed organic boneless New York steaks that are $8.99 a pound this week at Sprouts (or top sirloin itself for $3.99 a pound, but without that Whole Foods pedigree).

1 comment:

  1. It has been some time since I visited website with such high quality information. hot deals online Thank you so much for providing such helpful information. This is really informative and I will for sure refer my friends the same. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete