Thursday, January 31, 2013

Lucky's Gougeres: Delicious But Misspelled

I've often noted how I wish I might be in the neighborhood of north Boulder more often, to enjoy all that Lucky's Market's burgeoning empire up there might offer me.  A friend recently mentioned that the gougeres at their Bakehouse are particularly good, so when I found myself in that area recently, I picked one up.  Wow, was she right.  Quite a large one, not like the small bites I've had in the Burgundy area, and rich enough that it wound up unexpectedly being lunch.  But the sign Lucky's puts out for these temptations reads "Gourgeres."  I mentioned the extra "r" to the kind staff person, who said that several people had pointed that out, but that their checking into it had confirmed their spelling.  I can't imagine what source they checked that would confirm that spelling, and would love to hear from anyone who thinks these puffy addictions should be spelled with that extra "r."  (And of course, purists might note that I'm missing an accent over that first "e," but I have no time to figure out if there's any possibility of putting that in.)

No comments:

Post a Comment