Sunday, May 12, 2013

Weekday Dinner Ideas

Really no time for this post, so a quick one.

Tomorrow will be beef and mushroom stroganoff, a relatively new one I haven't yet tried from Cooking Light.  Dicing the sirloin tip steaks or roast on sale for $3.99 a pound at Sprouts is making me think of this one.  The magazine says it can be prepared in 29 minutes, but I doubt that will happen in my kitchen.

We'll be back to those nice big domestic shrimp on sale for $6.99 a pound at Sprouts for Tuesday, which will be shrimp risotto with baby spinach and basil from Bon Appetit.  Dried basil does just fine until my garden gets going, and I can only hope Sprouts is continuing its long-running sale on organic bulk spinach, as it isn't mentioned in this week's ad.

Wednesday will be our reheat, this time a little different, as it will be Monday's beef and mushroom stroganoff.  (Usually I do something big over the weekend.)  Side veggie, and that's it.

I'd like to try another new recipe from Cooking Light for Thursday, spicy pork lettuce cups.  This looks to be yet another variation on that wonderful Thai dish I discovered a couple of years ago, more authentically known as laab, larb, or laap.  I've found it can be done with all sorts of ground meats, and Sprouts has ground turkey for $3.99 a pound through Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment