Friday, May 10, 2013

Weekend Dinner Ideas

With domestic shrimp a fantastic price at Sprouts and lobster tails on sale everywhere, I'm seeing a week full of seafood, shellfish in particular.  Since Whole Foods has excellent lobster tails at $6 each through Tuesday, we'll start off tonight with a new-found favorite, creamy lobster pappardelle from Cooking Light.  I've found it best to not reduce the sauce quite so much, making it saucier but still intensely flavored.

For tomorrow, I'm hoping we'll be a bit dried out (although that's not certain) and ready to hit the grill, so I'm thinking about those domestic shrimp Sprouts has for $6.99 a pound on the grill.  These are really huge 16/20 count shrimp, so they can just go on skewers with a spray of canola oil (the high heat-tolerant stuff) and some herbs.  I saw pea shoots last week at the Farmers' Market, so I'm inclined to try the amusingly-named newfangled peas and carrots from the current issue of Cooking Light on the side.

Being fixated on those big domestic shrimp and still infatuated with a recent trip to Georgia's low country, for Sunday, I'm planning to try a low country boil.  The recipe I've linked to is from Uncle Bubba's Oyster House, part of the Paula Deen empire, and close to where we visited.  It deviates from the smoked sausage idea, but I'm thinking the chicken sausage on sale at Sprouts, well cooked because not smoked (and maybe again done on the bbq), might also work with this.

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment