Friday, May 3, 2013

Weekend Dinner Ideas

Quick rundown on the weekend plans.  The $4.99 a pound previously frozen wild Alaskan cod fillet sale at Sprouts is driving my thinking for tonight, which will be sauteed cod Provencale, a recipe I have yet to try from Gourmet magazine.  Some nice Lundberg farm rice blend from prior sales will go on the side, along with a green.

They're talking possible rain showers for tomorrow pm, so I'm thinking we'll postpone grilling until Sunday.  That turns my attention to the boneless pork shoulder Sprouts has for just $1.99 a pound for a last spring round of a comfort food favorite, slow-cooked Tuscan pork with white beans from Cooking Light, for which I pull out my venerable CrockPot.

Sunday we'll head to the grill, and with fresh halibut coming into season, we'll indulge ourselves with that.  It's $6.99 per six ounce portion at Sprouts (which equals $18.64 a pound, and I wonder if they might also sell it not pre-cut for that price), and $18.99 a pound with card at King Soopers.  I love organic russets ($2.99 for a five pound bag at Sprouts) diced and placed in foil packages with a bit of olive oil and herbs to grill on the side.

Which quickly gets us through the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment