Sunday, May 19, 2013

Weekday Dinner Ideas

With much gardening to do and showers possible later today, this will be quick.  I'm hoping the Cure Organic Farm store will have pea shoots today, as tomorrow I want them in chicken and shitake stir fry with peas and pea tendrils from Bon Appetit.  Since both boneless chicken breasts and chicken stir fry (already cut up!) are half price at Sprouts through Wednesday, that price should be decent for this.

Tuesday will be our reheat of something big made over the weekend, which this week is tonight's kale and white bean stew from Food and Wine magazine.  Side salad, and it's dinner.

For Wednesday, I want to try a new recipe from the June issue of Cooking Light, penne with herbs, tomatoes, and peas, probably using the organic on-the-vine tomatoes that are $1.99 a pound instead of the cherry tomatoes.  I'm also betting I'll have some pea shoots left from those big bags at Cure Organic Farm to toss in as well.

Thursday is up in the air, as I first thought of doing chicken breasts with that really simple mushroom sauce I've mentioned several times from Cooking Light.  But now I'm thinking that with somewhat cooler temperatures as we get closer to summer, maybe I'd better jump on that five cheese take and bake pizza that Whole Foods has for $8.99 through the 28th while I'm still in the mood for baking things.  I like to add Yves veggie pepperoni or veggie Canadian bacon and some shrooms to dress it up a bit.

Off to plant my basil pots!

No comments:

Post a Comment