Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Current Sale At Whole Foods

Whole Foods didn't have its flyer posted on the Pearl Street website at the time I was doing sales last week, so now that I have the flyer in hand, here's a quick rundown on what I'm liking from the sale that runs through July 16th.  Organic green and red leaf lettuce are both three for $5, pretty good, organic grape tomatoes are $2.99 a pint, and organic cucumbers are $1.99 a pound.  I used those organic cucumbers for the great side dish I made from my new fave 1896 Fannie Farmer cookbook, detailed a few posts below, to go with my swordfish.

Icelandic smoked salmon is $5 for a four ounce package, and I'll definitely pick some up for a chowder once our local Munson's corn crop arrives.  I'm intrigued by split lobster tails at $7.50 each.  The ad says they are five to six ounces, making them comparable to a deal they've had a couple of times before on (I think) four ounce ones for $6, and these generally are from Maine (haven't looked yet this time).  Air chilled split chicken breasts are $3.99 a pound and very good on the grill, but if you're looking for boneless skinless, look below to last Wednesday's post, since Vitamin Cottage has natural and Sprouts has organic on sale.  I love Whole Foods' salmon burgers for a quick and easy meal, and this time it's the raspberry chipotle ones on sale for $7.99 a pound.  Bloody Mary brats are also $2 off at $3.99 a pound.  Excellent Frontera salsa look good at $3 each, 365 Greek yogurts are $1 each, and Santa Cruz lemonades are practically being given away at $1 for a 32 ounce bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment