Wednesday, July 31, 2013

This Week's Hot Grocery Deals (IMHO)

We have new sales starting at our Boulder Sprouts and Whole Foods, while the current one continues at Vitamin Cottage through August 10th (click for prior report).  Here's what looking good to me now.

My patience is being tested every way I turn this morning.  First, my Daily Camera hasn't been delivered, and the only reason I continue to bother with that hard copy is for the convenience of having the ads in hand.  So I turned to the web, and when I tried to open the pdf of the new Sprouts ad, I got a message that the file was damaged and wouldn't open.  I'll therefore be working from an even more inconvenient version, so this will be particularly quick.  Frustration, frustration.

Sprouts' new sale runs through August 7th.  Center cut boneless pork loin chops (also roast) are spectacular at just $1.99 a pound, although I'd also consider Whole Foods' one-day sale for today only on their excellent chops (bone not specified so I'd assume in) at $2.99. Boneless top sirloin is $4.99 a pound, all sausage (chicken or pork) is $2.99 a pound, and Sprouts continues to have fresh wild sockeye salmon for $12.99 a pound.

In organic produce at Sprouts, on-the-vine tomatoes are great at $1.48 a pound.  Organic cucumbers are 88 cents each, and there's a big theme of $1.49 for baby carrot bags, pints of grape tomatoes, and celery (price for each) and broccoli, Italian squash (think zucchini), and pluots or black or red plums ($1.49 per pound).

At the new sale at Whole Foods through August 13th, I'm liking their raspberry chipotle salmon burgers at $7.99 a pound.  Wild salmon steaks are $3 off at $12.99 a pound, but fresh or frozen isn't specified.  Country Natural Beef London broil is good at $4.99 a pound.  Organic green, red, or romaine lettuce are all three for $5, and Fage Greek yogurts are an okay sale at $1.25 each, although Sprouts has them at just $1 each in the sale that ends today.  Whole Foods' own firehouse potato salad looks convenient for a picnic at $3.99 a pound, $2 off, and their own large fresh fruit tart, which I can attest is a delicious and very festive treat for birthdays or any other celebration, is a very good deal at $17 each, $9 off its usual stratospheric price.  Finally, I need to learn to make my own kale chips, when a lightweight bag of these things is $2 off at $5.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment