Sunday, February 23, 2014

Korean Food In Boulder

I've been wanting to explore Korean food for some time now, and looking over several Korean cookbooks, concluded that this would be better done by letting someone else handle the cooking in a restaurant. Boulder briefly had one called Bibimbap just off the Pearl Street mall, but like so many Boulder restaurants, it had its brief day in the sun then closed before I could even try it out. But lo, it turns out that Boulder has had Korea House quietly serving the community for over 20 years. Who knew? I sure didn't. I occasionally hit a cooking wall where as much as I enjoy cooking, I just can't face the stove, and that happened this weekend. Looking for a fun alternative, we tried Korea House out, and it's a lovely place with a real neighborhood feel. They even offer a combo box that allowed me to try two Korean specialties at once, bbq galbi and bulgolgi. Their barley tea was also great option for someone like me who's forsworn caffeine, although I also indulged in a Hite, a Korean beer. The place was off to a quiet start at 7 pm, but various folks soon filled the room, from couples, to singles, to families, all looking like this was a home away from home for them. Definitely a cool find in Boulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment