Friday, February 21, 2014

Weekend Dinner Ideas

Quick rundown. It has been a while since much fish has been on deck, so we'll turn more towards that for the weekend, starting with tonight's sauteed cod provencale, a super easy and quick one from Gourmet magazine. I can fortunately pick up some cod at the Longmont Lucky's, where I know it's on sale for $7.99 a pound, and I saw it in the freezer case at Boulder's new Trader Joe's, where it was only $6.99 a pound if I remember correctly.

Today is Whole Foods' one-day sale on organic whole chickens for only $1.99 a pound, so while it's still winter, I'll grab one to do a classic roasted chicken and winter veggies for tomorrow night's dinner. I can also roast some asparagus, since I still have a bunch from this past week's asparagus sale frenzy.

Going back to the seafood idea for Sunday, and also wanting something big to serve as a quick weekday reheat, I'm thinking about the sea scallops on sale at Sprouts for $8.99 a pound for a light but satisfying dish, shrimp and scallop posole from Bon Appetit. It gets rave reviews, with a four "forks" rating and 94% saying they would make it again, and I'm among them, since I've definitely made this more than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment