Thursday, February 20, 2014

Trader Joe's Interesting But Still A Zoo

I finally got to our new Boulder Trader Joe's this afternoon, and it's still a bit difficult to navigate through the crowds. It's definitely a different approach than anything we've (or at least I've) seen in Boulder, with the majority of offerings being Trader Joe's private label, which I understand are made for them by major national companies. Hope to post more later when I have a bit of time, but my first reaction as a primarily from-scratch cook was to be rather disoriented and almost tempted by so many already prepared offerings. I did toy with the poutine as a side for tonight's antibiotic-free pork chops from Lucky's, but after seeing that the contents of the bag amounted to 1200 calories (albeit for six supposed portions, but you know the whole thing is going to be consumed no matter the number, right?), my original modest plan for buttermilk mashed potatoes made myself actually sounded like the better idea. More when I get a chance to really take in the place, and have fewer crowds to try to get through.

No comments:

Post a Comment