Monday, May 11, 2015

Basil Update

It's still a little early for putting out basil plants, since they're not good with chillier nighttime temperatures (I was reading today that those should be over 50 degrees, and this coming week is warming, but only to the mid- to upper 40s at night). But with the signage at the Pearl Street store on the giant basil plants indicating the sale would end May 13th, I planned to pick some up on my trip today, keeping them indoors until the weekend, then planting in pots that could also shelter inside if need be. But when I got to the store, I found the plants were much smaller than the ones I'd seen earlier, and also looked like something was eating them all. I opted to pass, thinking the lovely smaller organic ones from the Fresh Herb Company could be purchased later and potted at a more appropriate time, with just a little more patience applied for them to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment