Friday, May 22, 2015

To Grill Or Not To Grill

Is that truly the question, as we embark on a Memorial Day weekend with such soggy days preceding it. Last I looked, isolated afternoon storms were still possible across the weekend, so I'm not hinging all hopes on grilling outside. I'll use Whole Foods' quite impressive special sales (check the post just below) to guide things around here. The halibut steaks and New York strip steaks are particularly calling, and either could wind up on a grill pan or under the broiler that I always find a scarier alternative if the weather doesn't cooperate. With Whole Foods' fine halibut so low at $14.99 a pound this weekend, I'm also planning an old classic, smoky shrimp and halibut stew, and hope I won't be doing that on a day that we should have been grilling instead. If you are looking for inspiration for the weekend, check out Memorial Day recipes, cocktails, and sides from Epicurious, or use the search box on this blog for grilling, as I've previously posted several guides. Somehow the weather has me not so motivated to do a bunch of grilling guides this time, but heck, it will be a long weekend, which is always good.

No comments:

Post a Comment