Friday, August 3, 2012

Weekend Dinner Ideas

This week's natural grocery sales are definitely putting me in a grilling mood, which is a good thing for the first weekend of August.  Some fish will go on the grill tonight.  It could be the fresh wild sockeye that's $9.99 a pound at both Sprouts and Sunflower, but first I'm going to check out the previously frozen swordfish steaks that both have for $8.99 a pound.  I don't usually go for previously frozen fish when there's a fresh option, but I was pleasantly surprised by the swordfish I had from Sprouts a little while ago.  Some steamed asparagus (conventional is $1.99 a pound at both Sprouts and Sunflower) will have to go along with that fish.  Or the asparagus might also go on the grill, if I can ever locate my grilling basket for such things.

We'll be back out on the grill tomorrow, trying out the filet mignon that both Sprouts and Sunflower have for $9.99 a pound.  With steaks, some Munson's corn fresh from the field will have to figure in, either as straight ears, or perhaps dressed up in something like corn and summer vegetable saute from Cooking Light.  Sunflower also has organic yams at $1.50 a pound to also go on the grill in spears.

Sunday will be time for a big chowder, and with super big shrimp $6.99 a pound and cod $7.99 a pound, it will be my cod variation on smoky shrimp and halibut stew from Bon Appetit.  Sprouts has organic leaf lettuce or romaine at $1.29 a head for the side salad.

Which quickly gets us through the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment