Friday, June 13, 2014

Weekend Dinner Ideas

If perhaps still ill-formed. For tonight, we'll turn to the prepared crab cakes Lucky's Market in Longmont has for $2.99 each. Sorry no time to check the Boulder store, but sometimes they match, and if you're motivated, all sale flyers are on the web. My crab cakes can go on a lightly dressed bed of arugula from my second CSA pickup from Red Wagon Organic Farm.

Tomorrow's the one that's still in formation, as I search for a good use for the collard greens in my CSA this week. Black-eyed pea soup with ham and greens from the New York Times would be a classic use, but I make that so often on New Year's Day, I'm still on the lookout for a better idea.

We'll turn to the grill for Sunday on Father's Day. I'd originally thought it would be with the king salmon from Whole Foods' weekend sale, but after learning yesterday that it would be previously frozen, we'll stick with some fresh Copper River ($14.99 a pound at Sprouts and same at Safeway, $19.99 at Whole Foods yesterday). With sorrel again from my CSA pickup, I could do another salmon with sorrel sauce like two weeks ago, but that sauce is so rich, I think once is enough for the season. Sorrel will find many other uses, and it's great in salads.

Enjoy what looks to be a pretty pleasant weekend, including today's very warm Friday the 13th!

No comments:

Post a Comment