Monday, September 19, 2011

How Much Longer For Munson's Corn?

I'm obviously a huge fan of our local fresh corn from Munson Farms, so as we move past the midpoint of September, I start angsting about how much longer it might be available. When I was out at the farm stand at 75th and Valmont yesterday, I asked what the prospects were, and the very knowledgeable guy (not Bob Munson, but knowledgeable nonetheless) told me that they'll have corn until two days after the low temperature hits 28 degrees. Since their eastern location is lower than Boulder, you can expect that to happen earlier than it will downtown. He also mentioned that they've made it into the middle of October for the past couple of years. That seems pretty optimistic to me, but then I absolutely go into mourning when it is no longer available. I'll just keep it on the dinner table for as long as possible, whether or not we really have another three or four weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment