Monday, September 26, 2011

Imagine Broth On Sale At Vitamin Cottage!

There's a new set of specials running all the way through October 29th at Vitamin Cottage. Since I'm very tight on time today, there'll be more about that later, but one of them has me so excited, I can't wait to tell. I am in adoration of Vitamin Cottage for putting my very favorite Imagine organic broths and cooking stocks on sale for $2.39 a 32 ounce box (with the kosher chicken broth at $2.79). As I've previously related (and have friends who concur), Imagine broth tastes fantastic, and does that with absolutely no variant of MSG in it. (Since MSG masquerades under quite a few names, you might be surprised to realize it is in some other "natural" brands.) Vitamin Cottage usually, very graciously, puts it on sale in time for the Thanksgiving through New Year's holiday cooking season, and since I've run out of my stock from last year (these boxes sport expiration dates that are very far out), I'm thrilled to see it on sale again this early. I caught some flak from the family last year when my stockpile not only filled the kitchen cupboard that is dedicated to broth for cooking, but also spilled into a spare room closet. But broth brings such a flavorful dimension to dishes like soups, casseroles, and risotto, that sure enough, my stockpile is gone. Another great facet of this sale is that Vitamin Cottage has the cooking stock at the same price as the broth, when it usually runs higher. I'll definitely have to experiment more with the cooking stock. Oh thank you, thank you, Vitamin Cottage.

P.S. I create my stockpile over the fall sale season, and as we get into the holidays proper, the sales may actually get even better. While $2.39 is a good price, especially for the cooking stock, the broth may get even cheaper. Last year, Vitamin Cottage went as low as $1.99 a box in December, with Sprouts countering at just a penny more.

No comments:

Post a Comment