Friday, October 26, 2012

Partial Weekend Dinner Ideas

So I'm back after traveling all week, haven't unpacked, and the family's asking what's for dinner, sheesh.  No time for writing, so this will be super quick.  Miraculously, the empty fridge I've returned to has all the components needed for quick Mexican corn risotto from Bon Appetit, since there's a block of pepper jack that never got opened before I left, fairly fresh cilantro, a bag of corn in the freezer, the usual staples like rice and garlic, and even a bunch of broccoli for the side that my husband bought but never got around to cooking while I was gone.  Truly a miracle that I can pull this together without going out to a store.

The other thing I'm thinking of for this weekend is cod, potato, and fennel casserole, from Gourmet magazine.  I've had enough time to see that Whole Foods has their very fine cod for a good price this week, but unfortunately don't have enough time to seek out the details for you.

So that's all I can offer for now, and the next few days aren't looking any better.  Somehow, coming back from a trip is a whole lot gnarlier than preparing for it.  Sorry if things will be kind of quiet until I can get my life here caught back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment