Wednesday, October 3, 2012

This Week's Hot Grocery Deals

We have a new sale starting today at Sprouts (incorporating Sunflower), while the current sale continues at Whole Foods (click the link for my prior report).  Here's what's looking good to me in the new Sprouts sale, and I hope to get to the new one at Vitamin Cottage shortly, too.

At Sprouts through October 10th, both boneless center-cut pork loin chops (also roast) and value packs of boneless skinless chicken breasts look very good at $1.99 a pound, and huge 16/20 count raw shrimp are $6.99 a pound.  Their own very good stuffed chicken breasts are $2.99 a pound, ground pork (so useful in Asian recipes) is $1.99 a pound, fresh wild Alaskan coho salmon fillets are $9.99 a pound, addictive stuffed clams are just 99 cents each, and Sprouts' own turkey basil loaf, which I use to make really good, really quick, meatballs instead of a loaf, is $3.79 a pound.  It's looking like a good week for meat and fish.

In organic produce, pints of grape tomatoes are $1.99 each, gala apples are $1.29 a pound (considerably beating Whole Foods' one-day sale today), red or jewel yams and cauliflower are all 99 cents a pound, baby carrots are $1.25 for a one pound bag, bulk spring or spinach salad mix are just $3.99 a pound, one pound bags of Cello carrots are just 69 cents each, red or green leaf lettuce are $1.29 each, and broccoli is $1.49 a pound.

Elsewhere in the store, Yves meat alternatives are 25% off (I hope their pepperoni or Canadian bacon are among the "select varieties," as either makes a great veggie pizza), and they're having a big Frozen Frenzy, with 20% off everything you can fit in a bag they'll provide at the store.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the good info, Eileen. As you know, you have an avid readership, even though we may not comment very often!

    Although I check the weekly flyers, there are invariably things I miss and forget (like the Whole Foods sale on Norwegian salmon (my favorite) which totally slipped my mind). I find that you usually highlight the things that are of interest to me (organic, the "good" meats, fish and poultry, etc.) which is a great time saver. So, yay you!

    Also, just have to give you a smile for your phrase from last Saturday in the Munson Farm post...about the woman manning or possibly womanning the booth. That got a chuckle out of me!

    Thanks for keeping us informed as well as entertained!

    Ms. A.

    PS: A heads-up for any broccoli lovers to the North...Lucky's has that item on sale for 99 cents a pound. Only problem is getting out there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Ms. A.! Your words are encouraging to me, especially as I find it increasingly hard to fit updating this blog into my schedule. And thanks for the tip re broccoli at Lucky's! I envy those who can easily get that far north in Boulder.

    ReplyDelete