Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Monterey Digression

I wasn't going to mention this, since it has nothing to do with my blog topic of cooking in Boulder (although it does involve food), but with Reggie Jackson's name all over the news this morning because of his three homer World Series performance that was matched last night, I feel the stars are aligning for this post.

Last Sunday, when I arrived in Monterey for a conference, I ran down the beach (literally) to my favorite fish place, the Monterey Fish House, for dinner. Since I'd just gotten in, I was dining solo, and therefore opted to grab a seat at the bar. While I was chowing down on their fabulous swordfish, two guys came in, looking for seats at the bar also. There was one empty seat next to me, so I offered to move my dinner to another single seat that was available on the other side. My first clue that something was up was when I'd settled in at my new location, and the bartender nodded to me and said I'd "been appreciated." Turns out I'd given up my seat to Reggie Jackson, who bought my whole dinner! What a nice guy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment