Sunday, August 11, 2013

Easy Weekday Dinner Plans

I seem to be in a mood to skip the cooking this week, since my plans for the remainder of it couldn't be easier.  For tomorrow, I'll do an impromptu risotto, using the Galbani fresh mozzarella that's $2.99 for eight ounces at Sprouts through Wednesday, some fresh tomatoes, and a whole bunch of herbs from my garden.  I'll probably fit in some Munson's corn somewhere, too.

Tuesday's the last day of the current sale at Whole Foods, so I'll catch some of those yummy raspberry chipotle salmon burgers at $7.99 a pound for an easy dinner.  More Munson's corn?

Wednesday will be even easier, a reheat of tonight's corn and green chile chowder.  Yup, Munson's corn.

While I'm in this lazy mood, we'll round out the week with pasta with a jarred sauce, but will make it special with a newly discovered local product.  When using my BOGO coupon up to $10 on a local product at the Whole Foods in Superior (you can still get one at clipper.com, good until the 15th, but you have to sign up with an email address to access it), I tried out Spinelli's jarred pasta sauce from Denver.  It's quite pricey (I think around $8 a jar) compared to my usual Muir Glen Organic that I can find on sale for as low as $2.50, but with the BOGO coupon, was worth it.  Their Fra Diavolo that we tried first was fantastic, probably because the roasted garlic was so tasty, I had to reserve the leftovers for a time I wouldn't be in contact with the public.  So Thursday, we'll try the other half of the BOGO, for which I selected their creamy tomato vodka sauce.  Hope this doesn't become a habit at their regular price.

And does that ever make for an easy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment