Friday, August 16, 2013

Weekend Dinner Plans

Exceptionally short on time, so here goes.

I haven't quite finished revamping my plans for the week based on the extraordinary grand opening sales I encountered at Lucky's in Longmont Wednesday (see a bit below for that post).  For tonight and tomorrow, hot nights, I'm thinking of sticking with my plan to put Whole Foods' new specials out on the grill.  Tonight will be the halibut steaks for $15.99 a pound, and tomorrow I'm looking forward to trying one of their brined meat specials, probably either the split chicken or the pork chop.

Sunday has definitely shifted because of the Lucky's sale in Longmont.  To do a big pot of something seasonal for a reheat later in the week also, I dropped my plan of cod and corn chowder (cod on sale at Sprouts) in favor of bacon corn chowder with shrimp from Cooking Light.  Lucky's has really big jumbo Gulf shrimp for $7.99 a pound, and I'm really looking forward to trying their nitrate-free house-cured bacon, especially since its sale price of $5.99 a pound is considerably lower than Whole Foods, where I've always gotten my bacon before.  The corn, of course, will come from Munson's Farm, where it will have been freshly picked that day.  Lucky's also has great deals on organic lettuce and green bell peppers for the side salad (see the post below).

And that's all the time she has!

No comments:

Post a Comment