Wednesday, August 21, 2013

More Good Deals For Lucky's Grand Opening

Now into its second week for the grand opening of the Lucky's Market in Longmont, the new sale there brings more excellent prices, although not so jaw-dropping as those of opening week.  Since the flyer I'm looking at says "Longmont's independent grocery store," I'd assume these sales refer only to there, and not to the Boulder store.  I wouldn't be surprised though if after the grand opening buzz wears off, they'd issue one sale for both stores.  In any case, having been to Longmont today, here's what's looking good to me there.

Lucky's new sale in Longmont runs through August 28th, and I'm glad to see they maintain the double ad Wednesday tradition.  In the new sale, the standout to me is something I need to investigate further, locally grown bi-color sweet corn for just 10 cents an ear.  I'm a Munson Farm loyalist, but when we talk ten for $1 instead of two for $1, I have to take notice.  And who knows, if it's locally grown, could it even be my faves?

In meat, Teton Waters Ranch grass-fed 85% lean ground beef leads the specials at $1.99 a pound.  Sprouts is offering organic grass-fed ground beef at $4.99 a pound this week, which is an impressive price for organic, but that price differential would send me to the Lucky's natural version, with its promise of no antibiotics, hormones, etc., despite not having the organic certificate.  All house-made chicken sausages are $2.99 a pound, and in fish, I'm interested in Alaskan coho salmon at $8.99 a pound (same at Sprouts), and also bay scallops for $5.99 a pound.

In produce, in addition to the corn mentioned above, the stunner is organic on-the-vine tomatoes for just 99 cents a pound.  I should plan on tomatoes throughout the week.  To go with them, red or green organic butter lettuce are both 99 cents each, while local organic red, green or rainbow chards are all $2 a bunch.  There are also a bunch of non-organic locally grown specials.

Elsewhere in the store, half quarts of Horizon organic milk are splendid at $2.50 each, some Brown Cow yogurts ate 50 cents each, and Garden of Eatin' tortilla chips, my fave Blue Diamond Nut-Thins, and Annie's Chun's seaweed snacks are all BOGO.  Plus, they have specials at their wine and spirits shop directly connected within the store.  Hmmm, lots to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment