Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Good Deals At Lucky's This Week

I usually don't cover Lucky's Market, even though I love the place, because it's too far north for me to get to in Boulder.  But with the Longmont store opening next week (see the post below), I'll have a chance to start shopping there sometimes.  That will put me in a real blog coverage quandary, since I'll want to start including them when I talk about sales, but with less and less time available for writing, I need to cut back the blog if anything, and certainly not expand it.  We'll see.  In any case, since they included a flyer in my Daily Camera today, here's an example of why I get so excited about Lucky's.

Lucky's new sale runs through August 14th, and the local organic produce alone is reason for joy.  They have red or black plums or summer squashes all $1.50 a pound, red or green leaf or romaine lettuce all $1.50 a head, red, green or rainbow chard all $1.50 a bunch, green cabbage or cucumbers both $1.50 a pound, grape tomatoes or three packs of romaine hearts $2.50 each, red, gold or Chioggia beets $2.50 a bunch, and red or Easter egg radishes $1.50 a bunch, and these are all organic and LOCAL.  In non-organic produce, they also have Rocky Ford cantaloupes for 99 cents a pound and Palisade yellow peaches $2.49 a pound.

I love that Lucky's meat department features "Never ever" standards, assuring us that growth hormones and antibiotics are never given, and a vegetarian diet is fed.  Some items I'm liking this week are whole frying chickens at $1.99 a pound, organic spare ribs $2.99 a pound, six ounce house-made salmon burgers $2.99 each (that would be right in line the $7.99 a pound price that Whole Foods frequently uses as a salmon burger sale price), and big 16-20 count jumbo Gulf white shrimp are very appealing at $9.99 a pound.  And the picture of their meat manager Paul is so very familiar, I think dating back to my shopping at Wild Oats or maybe even the original Alfalfa's.

Elsewhere in the store, I'm liking Annie Chun's potstickers at $2.50 each, and parmigiano reggiano (the real stuff, not the domestic or Argentinian product I usually buy) is quite good at $14.99 a pound.

As I've said many times before, lucky to have Lucky's.

No comments:

Post a Comment