Saturday, August 31, 2013

King Salmon Price Differential

As previously mentioned as a plan, I did a rare detour to our Boulder King Soopers this morning to get some of their fresh wild king salmon that they have for a spectacular $11.99 a pound with card through Tuesday.  Yes, I wound up with previously cut individual pieces packaged on those nasty foam trays, but I was also there quite early, and they were just starting to fill the fish case.  I'm pretty sure that if I'd arrived later, or simply bugged the staff this morning, I also could have gotten a whole fillet instead.  I did the rest of my shopping at the Pearl Street Whole Foods, and swung by the fish case for comparison.  Fresh wild king salmon fillets there are $27.99 today, so my detour to King Soopers seems definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment