Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Prepping For Green Chile

Knowing now that Whole Foods already has freshly roasted Hatch green chiles (it just seems so early this year!), I'm sure there will be a big pot of chile being made in my house this weekend.  That's classically done with pork, and I prefer to lighten it up with a lean, rather than a more typical fattier cut of pork.  The boneless center-cut pork loin chops on sale at Sprouts for a mere $1.99 a pound through tomorrow fit the bill perfectly for me, so some will go in the freezer in anticipation of a chile-fest this weekend.  And as for the spelling of chile/chili when referring to the soup, I most respectfully refer readers to my prior posts about variations in spelling, especially what's proper when making the soup with chiles from New Mexico, as Whole Foods' Hatch chiles are.  But then, I'm probably misspelling things everywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment